- 300g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 100g eggplant, 2 cm cubes
- 30g olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 1 quantity of pizza base/grain free pastry
- 1 egg white
- 250g cream
- 250g almond milk
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Place pumpkin cubes into heavy-based roasting pan and sprinkle with half the olive oil and salt and bake for 10 minutes then add eggplant cubes and continue to cook for 20 mins or until pumpkin and eggplant are soft and lightly coloured on the edges. Set aside.
- While pumpkin is roasting slice onion into rings making sure they aren’t too thin. Place onion rings in TM bowl and add remaining 15g of olive oil and cook for 30 minutes/Varoma/Reverse/speed 2.
- Line a quiche dish with pastry, brush with extra egg white and bake until golden brown to seal the pastry.
- Make quiche filling by placing milk, cream, eggs and salt in TM bowl and mix for 10 secs/speed 3.
- Spread caramelized onions over cooked pastry shell and crumble feta over the top.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin and eggplant cubes and carefully pour filling over and bake for 30-40 minutes or until just set.
- Follow step 1 and 2 of TM method.
- Caramelise the onions slices in a large heavy-based pot, stirring often until onions are translucent.
- Line a quiche dish with pastry, brush with extra egg white and bake until golden brown.
- Make quiche filling by placing milk, cream, eggs and salt in a blender and mixing to combine.
- Follow step 6 and 7 of TM method.
Note: Serve a larger portion for a main meal with a salad.