- 250g sunflower seeds
- 200g dark chocolate (95-100%), roughly chopped
- 160g butter, softened
- 100-150g coconut sugar
- 2 tsp GF baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 30g cacao
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a medium cake tin with baking paper.
- Place sunflower seeds in TM bowl and mill 10 secs/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in TM bowl and grate 10 secs/speed 9. Set aside.
- Place butter, coconut sugar, baking powder, eggs and cacao in TM bowl and mix 20 secs/speed 5.
- Scrape sides of the bowl and add reserved chocolate and sunflower seed meal and mix 20 secs/speed 5.
- Scrape sides of the bowl and mix for a further 20 secs/speed 5.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 mins or until cake is just set. Remove and cool in the tin for 20 mins before carefully removing to a baking tray.
- Once completely cold ice with chocolate coconut frosting.
NB: You can use coconut oil and a good pinch of salt instead of butter to make a dairy-free option – it isn’t as moist but is still delicious.
The amount of sugar you need will depend on the chocolate you are using and your taste buds. 70% chocolate has 30% sugar, 95% chocolate has 5% sugar so will be more bitter.
Melt 50g unsweetened chocolate with 70g coconut cream and 30g maple syrup in TM bowl for 4 mins/50C/speed 1.5. Allow frosting to cool until frosting is beginning to thicken then pour over cake and enjoy with fresh berries.